FRESS:

[yiddish] To eat like an animal, i.e., quickly, noisily, and in great quantity.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I made strawberry jam


The supermarkets in Flushing often have amazing produce deals. Last weekend I picked up 2 pints of strawberries for $1. The only problem is that while they look great for 24 hours, they quickly get nasty. Instead of throwing out my second pint, I made a little batch of strawberry jam. It was super easy and tastes delicious. Sugar, sliced strawberries, and lemon juice are boiled and then simmered until it all gels up.

I used this recipe http://www.portlandpreserve.com/smallbatchjam.pdf, but since some of my berries were not usable I had less than a pint and used 3/4 cup of sugar.

Its such an easy, simple thing to do but it results in a lot of happiness. At least I think so. 

And it makes for a bangin pb&j.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment