FRESS:

[yiddish] To eat like an animal, i.e., quickly, noisily, and in great quantity.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

El Sabroso

This place was totally gushed about on http://midtownlunch.com and I was so excited to check it out. I love the idea of eating lunch in a hallway next to a freight elevator. The place serves Ecuadorian food with Peruvian specialties on Fridays. Its typical things like roast chicken with rice and beans, etc all for around $6. There is one table with chairs or you can sit at the counter. There was a steady stream of customers.
I had high hopes... but I wasn't really impressed with the food. I wish I could say I was. I took a bunch of coworkers and they all liked their lunches, so maybe I ordered wrong. I had what I thought was going to be a chicken stew, but was actually stewed chicken. The rice and beans were tasty. The empanada was really bad. I am willing to give it another shot though... oh and it smelled a little like pee in there.

265 W 37th St

No comments:

Post a Comment