FRESS:

[yiddish] To eat like an animal, i.e., quickly, noisily, and in great quantity.

Monday, April 6, 2009

Sweet Emily's



I really really hope this new restaurant makes it! The food is an amazing value, especially given the location. The decor is classy and the lighting is sexy. Saying the service was attentive would be an understatement; there were few others in the restaurant. I started with the margarita with jalepenos and strawberry (inspired by the Death and Co Fresa Brava?) which was strange but in a good way. They start you off with a mini cornbread. The bacon mac and cheese appetizer was almost spot on; the texture was great but the inside was a bit cold and I did not taste much bacon. The main courses are really noteworthy and average a mere $15. I ordered the shrimp and grits, both were prepared exactly as I hoped they would be. The tilapia entree had the perfect crust and tasted very fresh. There was unfortunately no room for dessert, next time. The place is just so darn inviting that we ended up moving to the couches at the bar area for a post dinner drink where I enjoyed the tartness of the blackberry mojito. I was sad to see so many empty tables at this restaurant. I hope they fill up (hint hint go eat there tonight), I am rooting for them!

321 W 51st St

No comments:

Post a Comment